WEDNESDAY, Sept. 6, 2017 (HealthDay News) — A 9-year-old boy in Turkey opened wide for a big bite of a tasty hot dog, but had no idea the simple act might almost kill him.

According to a report from doctors in Istanbul, the bite triggered a near-fatal heart event that also revealed a hidden health problem.

As reported Sept. 6 in Pediatrics, the boy’s heart stopped beating and he fainted soon after biting into a frankfurter at school.

Luckily, help arrived soon and he was “defibrillated…

Continue reading on Health

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.